Having just finished the Clique Kits and Bad Girls Couture team up holiday blog hop today I was reminded that I never did get to share some of the pieces I made the very first time I received some of the Haute Mess acrylic paints from Wendy La Croix, Bad Girls Couture owner almost a year ago! I am pretty sure I posted these on social media so if you have seen them already I apologize!
In this photo layout I used bright colors and a now retired Close to my Heart stamp set (the polka dot butterfly)
Some of the properties I love about Wendy’s hand mixed acrylics:
- They are fast drying
- They have a matte finish that is similar to a chalk paint
- They are made without Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs) which is better for your health and environment!
- They come in a full palette of colors plus some great neutrals!
- They work perfectly with the haute mess gel media also.
- They are super creamy and mix smoothly!
I have really enjoyed collaborating with Wendy and we have become really close just talking shop about our common passions! I believe in her products and her vision in offering hand crafted, eco-friendly products made by and for mixed media artists.
The concept of a handmade and fully customizable art journal that has a large capacity for dimensional pages is going to resonate with other mixed media artists like it did for me! I love to collage in my art journal and travelers notebook and can never have enough paper products. Between Bad Girls paint, media, journals, and unique vintage stuff and all of the paper kits at Clique Kits what else could a Bad Girl ask for?